- Valerian is an herb. It is native to Europe and parts of Asia but also grows in North America. Medicine is made from the root. Valerian is most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). Valerian is also used orally for anxiety and psychological stress, but there is limited scientific research to support these uses.
- Valerian root may help reduce anxiety related to acute stress.
- Several studies suggest that valerian root may improve the ability to fall asleep.
- Valerian root may be helpful for menopause, premenstrual syndrome, painful menses, and restless legs syndrome.
- Valerian root may improve the ability to fall asleep.
- Valerian used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Valerian is widely used as important ingredient in tea products.
- Valerian can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Valerian has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.