- Sarsaparilla is a plant. The root is used to make medicine. Athletes sometimes use sarsaparilla as a steroid for performance enhancement or bodybuilding. Some supplement makers claim that chemicals (sterols) in sarsaparilla can be converted to anabolic steroids like testosterone. But this is a false claim. The sterols contained in sarsaparilla are not anabolic steroids nor are they converted in the body to anabolic steroids. Testosterone has never been detected in any plant, including sarsaparilla.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity, limited evidence suggests that sarsaparilla may help in conditions such as psoriasis and skin allergies.
- Sarsaparilla, high-fiber plant foods and shown to benefit gut health, heart health and digestive health.
- Sarsaparilla contains a wealth of plant chemicals thought to have a beneficial effect on the human body.
- Sarsaparilla is used in herbal mixes to act as a “synergist.”
- Sarsaparilla used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Sarsaparilla is widely used as important ingredient in tea and superfood products.
- Sarsaparilla can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Sarsaparilla has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.