- Coriander is a small, hollow-stemmed plant in the Apiaceae family, in the genus: Coriandrum. Its scientific name is Coriandrum sativum. Pleasant, aromatic and spicy, its seeds have been found utility since ancient times in cooking as well as in various traditional medicines. The seeds used as a spice. Good-quality coriander seeds should release pleasant, slightly peppery flavor when squeezed between index and thumb fingers.
- They help in producing digestive hormones, stimulates a better liver function.
- Coriander seed helps in reducing bad cholesterol and promotes good cholesterol in the body.
- The seeds are rich in vitamin K, C, B along with antioxidants and other minerals which are all beneficial skin and hair health.
- Coriander contains antioxidants that may protect your skin from aging and sun damage. It may also help treat mild skin rashes.
- Coriander seed used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Coriander seed is widely used as important ingredient in seasoning products.
- Coriander seed can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Coriander seed has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.