- Star anise is a spice made from the fruit of the Chinese evergreen tree Illicium verum. It’s aptly named for the star-shaped pods from which the spice seeds are harvested and has a flavor that is reminiscent of liquorice. Because of similarities in their flavor and names, star anise is often confused with anise, though the two spices are unrelated. Star anise is famed not only for its distinct flavor and culinary applications but also for its medicinal benefits.
- Star anise is rich in a variety of flavonoids and polyphenolic compounds that may contribute to its medicinal capacity.
- Star anise rise in popularity is largely driven by its antimicrobial properties and pharmacological potential.
- Star anise has been useful in the medical realm for treating a variety of fungal, bacterial and viral infections.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A and C, which help fight free radicals which may responsible for early ageing and diabetes.
- Star Anise used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Star Anise is widely used as important ingredient in Seasoning products and Tea Products.
- Star Anise can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Star Anise has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.