- The true or Common Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) is a low-growing, creeping or trailing plant. Chamomile, also spelled camomile, any of various daisy like plants of the aster family. Chamomile tea, used as a tonic and an antiseptic and in many herbal remedies, is made from English, or Roman, chamomile or German chamomile. Several species are cultivated as garden ornamentals, especially golden marguerite, or yellow chamomile.
- Chamomile tea relaxes nerves and soothes the nervous system, therefore helping you sleep.
- It may fights harmful bacteria, and has the ability to boost your immune system.
- Chamomile tea has been valued as a digestive relaxant and has been used to treat various gastrointestinal disturbances including flatulence, indigestion, diarrhea, anorexia, motion sickness, nausea and vomiting.
- Chamomile tea is a gentle relaxant and acts as an effective natural sedative, thereby reducing stress.
- Chamomile used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Chamomile is widely used as important ingredient in tea products.
- Chamomile can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Chamomile has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.