- Fenugreek is an herb that is similar to clover. It is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. The seeds are used in cooking, in medicine, and to hide the taste of other medicine. Fenugreek seeds smell and taste similar to maple syrup. Fenugreek leaves are eaten in India as a vegetable. Fenugreek is taken by mouth for diabetes, menstrual cramps, high cholesterol, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses.
- Fenugreek is an interesting herb with diverse uses and many potential health benefits.
- Fenugreek seeds have a healthy nutritional profile, containing a good amount of fiber and minerals, including iron and magnesium.
- Taking fenugreek seed may lower blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Fenugreek seeds help keep acidity away, which in turn also promotes good digestion.
- Fenugreek seeds can help a great deal in lowering cholesterol.
- Fenugreek used as a supplement for better health benefits.
- Fenugreek is widely used as important ingredient in seasoning and tea products.
- Fenugreek can be add to blends for enhancing taste and possesses various health benefits.
- Fenugreek has wide application in Ayurvedic, pharma and food industries.